Intex, the lifestyle brand that center around air beds, pool accessories and the inflatable spa have brought a solar cover to the table to fit in with their exciting relaxation range and with it comes some really great features. The brand started over 40 years ago under another name – The Wet Set – and has gradually grown to what we see today. They’ve been making swimming pools since 1997, so we know their quality and expert eye for a product.
The solar cover here is a really great lightweight product, fitting any pool up to a 15 ft size and perfect for personal use. If you’re a family homeowner with little time to heat a pool, you would love this product to help keep the temperature high during a day when the sun has come out, but is slowly going down. Suitable for spas too, this cover certainly has multiple uses.
Coming with a cover bag for full ease of transportation is a great addition to the cost, and this mixed with the weight of the product itself means there’s no fuss when using the product if you want to store it away during the winter months. Merely fold it, store, and away you go.
You’ll find that this product captures the heat from the sun perfectly and allows you to not worry about heating the pool up time and time again during the day. Which is always great news!
|PACKAGE DIMENTIONS||19.125 in x 20.75 in x 12 in|
|PACKAGE WEIGHT||5.77 lbs|
- This product is light, durable and easy to use. It is very much ‘what you see is what you get’ with this pool cover and with no need to add batteries, you can just pop it on the pool and wait for the sun to do it’s job. Built to last, the Intex pool cover is a long-term way to keep your pool at a great, toasty temperature.
- As an added bonus, this product helps reduce water evaporation by 95% compared to not using a cover at all. Whilst the rays from the sun may over time naturally heat your pool, it will also cause it to lose a lot of water, yet with this it stores the heat you want without added evaporation issues.
- You can easily cut the product down to size yourself if it is too large for your current pool set-up. The material is flexible, easy to reduce and thin, so buying this product too large only means that you might have to cut it down when you get it. Which is no real big deal. Measure the size of your pool against the size of the sheet and in seconds personalize it to your own pool specs.
- Keep out unwanted extras. Bugs, leaves and other environmental bits will no longer plague your pool situation. Simply place this over your pool to add heat, stop evaporation and keep to pool clean and ready to use. Just one of the many reasons to buy this solar pool cover.
- Lend it to a friend. Because this kit is easily moved, you can lend it out, take it away on vacation or to a family party. You have the freedom to show off the item during any summer event, proving a great addition to a summer BBQ and garden party.
- If you’re looking for a product to just pick up and go, and your pool is a different size, you might find it a pain to cut and adjust to your particular pool size. It may only be one small issue, but it could look untidy and unprofessional for you to get some scissors and tackle the size problem yourself. It’s a nice pool cover, so you’re unlikely to want to personalize it unevenly.
- As the Intex Solar Cover floats on the top of your pool, there is the possibility that it will sink if left rested in a residential area with falling leaves or wildlife such as birds or squirrels. If the product sinks, it is little use to anyone and even lets the heat out as opposed to its sole aim of keeping the heat in. It would be a little more ideal if there was a set of clips or string to tie the cover to the side of your pool to ensure it stays safely on top.
- Unfortunately, as this is a light product, during harsher weather it gets damaged easily. Although it is easy to remove, it has become let down by it’s ability to withstand heavy conditions.
Intex Solar Cover for 15ft Diameter Easy Set and Frame Pools
Product Name: Intex Solar Cover for 15ft Diameter Easy Set and Frame Pools
Product Description: Please see the above product specification.
Price: Check the latest price from Amazon
- Overall Rating by Author - 9.0/109.0/10
In conclusion, all that is left for me to say is that this product is exactly what you may want in a solar pool cover. It comes with no fancy gimmicks and does precisely what you need it to do. The lack of main extra features is no problem, and with no batteries needed or wires used, it’s a simple product that everyone in the family can use. And that exactly that main benefit to this Intex product. It’s usable, reusable and moveable. There’s not need to worry too much about it when you’re home, but it’s worth keeping an eye on how it gets on if the weather soon turns a bit ugly.
If you plan to pack up and store the cover after each use, there is no reason this will not last you years. And with that in mind, mixed with the price range, it would be a good, solid investment. If you have a pool that is approximately 15ft, too, then you’re in luck. Otherwise you might need to get the scissors out and tailor it to your need. Other than that I would be more than happy to recommend this product to anyone. Safe, easy and cheap - a win/win.